PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Aiming for 50% Gender Spilt in Interview Candidates
Old 24th Apr 2016, 15:49
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

Don't verbal me Orange future. I'm not ignorant to the fact that 40 Yeats ago the industry employment bodies were allowed to discriminate. So I'm that respect your statement....

And Keg thinks the industry has done nothing to foster the massive workforce imbalance in the airline industry.
... is complete and utter BS.

The airline game needs to figure out how to make the industry more accessible to women.......
Before we start looking at the proferred solution of quotas, care to tell me what it is that currently makes the industry inaccessible or less accessible to women in Australia? Laws prohibiting women from becoming pilots? Hiring practises by airlines that discriminate against females? Difficulty for women in accessing training? What exactly is it? No one has yet defined what these barriers are and until that time you have a solution (quotas) dressed up to fix a problem that you deliberately and mischievously misdiagnose.

At least you agree quotas aren't the right fix. Still, until you diagnose the problem correctly it's simply noise.