PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Management Co's
Thread: Management Co's
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2016, 14:15
Ihadadream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's more a question of bringing some form of oversight on brokers. They are the ones who strongarm the management/operations company.
Having run a small successful 135 Management company as a postholder in the US with success until we returned to Europe due to family health issues.
We differed from the other players in as much as once the airframe had been accepted by the FAA through conformity etc., we did not charge the management fee. We took a percentage of every flight to cover our costs. This fee was approx 5% of the charter.
If the plane didn't fly, we wouldn't make money. If the plane flew cheaply, we wouldn't make any money. All costs (Crew/Insurance/Benefits) were a transparent pass to the owner. We retained operational control. Staff were paid well and were happy, owners were not being gouged and were happy.
Having seen how managers operate here, and the astounding monthly fees they charge I'm pretty certain this business model would replicate anywhere. I even have a client looking to charter on a weekly basis for a round trip europe-caribbean 6 months of the year minimum.
Anybody interested in setting up a similar operation over here with me? lol

Last edited by Ihadadream; 24th Apr 2016 at 14:52.