PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2016, 10:52
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Winter 16/7 & summer 17

Very difficult to keep up with all the releases/changes/upgrades these days!

Swiss - winter 2016/7

The C Series is now in the timetable for the weekend flights from 30 October Sunday evening and Saturday morning so a modest increase to 125 seats.

Norwegian - winter 2016/7

Completely lost as to what they had released but at present Tenerife and Malaga bookable both Monday and Friday.

I assume Las Palmas will be released as it increases to twice weekly in the first week in October. Madrid and Barcelona are not bookable as yet.

Summer 2017 Thomson

I thought at first a 7th based short-haul as 7 required some days but only one flight on those days and I assume it will be re-organised to 6. None of the aircraft operate to other UK bases so a definite increase also two out of the three Malaga's are operated by a third party as are two Palma's, the only Bodrum, one Antalya and one Dalaman. It is possible if all third party flying was moved in-house it might make 7.

New or re-instated flights are Alghero and Almeria, the former was part of an unfortunate BHX press release last April (for this summer), which saw 4 out of 5 new routes fail to materialise (AHO, AGA, SPU & ADB). AGA was then to be a second RAK but a 4th CFU got added instead. ADB no doubt lost out due to the general down-turn in Turkish bookings but no idea why AHO & SPU never happened as overall there is an extra aircraft based with mostly additions to Spain.

Summer 17 sees the 787 fly 6 days a week - come on Thomson you know want to add a new route or frequency. I trust if it doe not fly it will be an operational spare or maintenance day rather operating from another UK airport for just one day.

Pete