PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter down at Shoreham
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2016, 10:38
Flying Lawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pittsextra
Further to my comment in my post last night:
If you mean concerning the crash then I can't comment because I stopped reading your various opinions/theories some time ago.
I should have added that I have quickly scanned some others since then, when prompted by a post from someone with relevant expertise responding to some of your opinions/theories. I have done so in order to understand - and learn from - the exchanges.

Just out of curiosity, I looked this morning to see how many times you have posted your opinions relating to the Shoreham crash. (A quick exercise - it's a facility available under every poster's profile.) The total was even more than I thought - I stopped counting at 100!
In stark contrast, those with relevant expertise have posted only a small fraction of that number. Worth reflecting upon?

You cannot fail to have noticed that you irritated people in the Hunter thread in the Mil Forum - which ceased to be active some time ago pending further information from the AAIB. Of course there will be differences of opinion in any discussion but, in your case, a recurring complaint/criticism was that you refused to listen even when those with relevant expertise (often professional expertise in that forum) took the time to explain points to you.

You have occasionally appeared to acknowledge that your posts irritate people. Have you considered the possibility that the blame may lie with you? That your approach and attitude might be the cause?
Like you, I am a PPL. Over the years, I have often asked questions in various PPRuNe forums in order to learn from those with relevant expertise. In stark contrast, I have without exception received courteous and helpful responses. So have numerous others.

Similarly, over the years I have explained many matters in areas where I have expertise. I can't say 'never' because I've been posting for about 15 years, but I can't remember encountering anyone so resistant to reconsidering their opinions in such circumstances. You are, of course, entitled to reject what I say about matters where I have expertise and decades of experience. I'm content for readers to decide for themselves which source they regard as the more informed and reliable.