PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Management Co's
Thread: Management Co's
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2016, 09:14
Jetscream 32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey BB,

If owners start to subsidise flights then they will soon get bored and put the aircraft up for sale and just go back to chartering.

My very own personal view is that instead of a race to the bottom in prices with bizarre seat sale schemes, apps and chest beating from whipper snappers that think those of us in this industry have been in dark ages for the last 20 years , the charter industry needs to get more in tune with how and why the owners buy them in the first place.. Get back into the mindset that these are on-demand time machines crewed by guys and girls that are absolute professionals and have mastered the art of ""hurry up & wait" whilst being adaptive and agile in their thinking and operation.

This era of fly private jets for nothing, or have a seat for $200 type thing is only cheapening and degrading the true value these aircraft actually bring to business owners that buy them...

I'm just a buckshee run of the mill normal guy that has a good enough relationship with some owners to see that there will be NO business case for a guy thats made millions in creating or growing a business and thinking of buying an aircraft if all he can see if everyone everywhere that is NOT an owner (brokers) discounting and offering FREE or easy jet price flights around the place... What will come next?

Everyone in this industry is very very protective of their clients, yet all the clients tend to hang out in the same places, talk to each other openly and generally have their own opinions of the good / bad / ugly... There is plenty of scope to flourish this industry but the current direction we seem to be being dragged into by brokers is not at all pleasant in the long term.

Chartering a private jet should be one of the areas of success in life to remain a privilege or a damn good business decision based on cost benefit ratio not cheapened to the point that you will be getting tokens in "The Sun" newspaper for a flight.

ok - off my hobby horse now.....