PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Watch out for AMSA advice – you could die!
Old 24th Apr 2016, 07:27
Agrajag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you really suggesting that pilots making announcements and then using radio arranged separation on a frequency also used by ATC for separation purposes is not a safety problem? Surely you are not?
Indeed I am. There has been no recorded case of such a transmission being responsible for an incident. And please don't pretend that's because everyone has heeded your advice and kept quiet. That's megalomania on an epic scale.

If radio is being used for separation, it doesn't all have to go via the ATC. Most of us are smart enough to perceive that another conversation is in progress, and wait till it's over before talking.

No other country I know of allows this. It only happens in Aus because the changes I introduced have been half wound back

Yes, I'm well aware of that. You have pointed it out ad nauseum, yet still presented no evidence that it's actually a bad thing in our environment.

Many ATCs have told me they don't like the present half wound back system but state it was forced on them and they can't do anything about it. Do you work for the CASA office of Airspace under Mr Cromarty ?
Again, not any of the ATCs I've talked to in the real world. Nor any of the jet transport pilots, or any of the GA guys.

Rest assured, I've never heard of Mr Cromarty. I'm just a guy who flies regularly in airspace both high and low, and isn't taken in by hysterical fiction.