PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 2
Thread: CARDIFF - 2
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2016, 06:27
AirGuru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yeo valley
loads on first rotations are nothing to go by,as a lot of pax will be press and travel trade. to judge how a route is doing you want 2 months or more to get a true reading. its not bums on seats you want to worry about its yeild. you will never know yeildas airlines dont release that.first flight i would think cabin crew, press and travel trade so yeild would be just about zero,unless they had a subsidy.
Yeovalley,

I'm increasingly finding your posts misinformed, along with difficulty in understanding in what you mean due to the number of typo's in your posts. How on earth is the yield as you say ever going to be zero ? Are you trying to say there was not one person booked on the flight and therefore nobody bought anything onboard, paid for baggage, seat selection or an upgraded fare ? An audacious claim to say the least ...

BE's loads are improving at CWL, with EDI and CDG consistently now around the 70% mark, GVA upto to the mid 80's, and a few other decent LF percentage increases. KLM will be once again encouraged by the near double digit growth on AMS, a route that consisently experiences growth from CWL, which may see rise to the return of a 4th daily rotation, or upgraded aircraft for even more of the flights.

VY are also going from strength to strength with their staple BCN, AGP and ALC upto the mid 80's, with the latter two in the 90's consistently, so i think the yield that you mention will take care of itself ...

Just to satisfy you Yeovalley (since you seem to enjoy rubbing people's noses in it), CWL will never be a BRS, and it is not even thought that it will be so why the constant comparisons seem to be made between the two I could not tell you.

Like many (secondary) regional airports in the UK, CWL serves its niche core catchment quite well with its current charter and scheduled offerings with traditional holiday flights, with a number of business routes that serve the catchment well, and with its larger neighbour next door is always going to have a rather large leakage of passengers onto BRS services, which has been the case for years and its something that no one can really do anything about.