PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Radar Control Service in Class D VFR
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2016, 20:53
HeliComparator

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts
Yes that's the report. What annoyed me and made me lose faith in the system was the conclusion that it was all my fault for not understanding what RCS meant. Not that the term RCS isn't defined anywhere, most pilots therefore don't understand it (not surprisingly),not that the controller forced us onto a collision course but held no responsibility for the subsequent collision. In other words not that the system is flawed - because inertia and going for the easy option makes that concept far too difficult to tackle.

Nope, easily summed up as my fault. Phew, we don't have to do anything. Is it time for lunch now?

By the way I am certain that I requested the climb before I had sight of the other traffic. I requested the climb because it was apparent the other traffic wasn't where he should have been and I didn't really know where he was. My mental picture was shattered, I couldn't see him, so the best course of action would have been vertical separation.

Regarding your point about "were you actually forced to the same point at the same time" yes we were. There was no scope for arranging different arrival times as individuals because we couldn't see each other until quite late - 1 mile to run or less, which doesn't take long at 155kts. Only ATC had the picture of both traffic and their arrival times at the specified crossing point (it was a point, not an area. Ie over the threshold, not east/west of the threshold or whatever).