PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC
Thread: Spanish ATC
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2003, 05:35
dicksynormous
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
priscilla,
can you direct me to the appropiate icao document that allows for sequencing based on a continental tendency to fly split arsed approaches with hundreds of people in the back who are expecting the safest option , ie conservative handling in normal operations.Its a tendency that starts in belgium and get worse the deeper into eurasia you get.i like to fly visuals but not under pressure, and ther is a time and a place to practice what should be a motor skill.what a shame we all have to share the same licence now.

as an aside
following two pests were not given priority.
a recent incident at kos where a german ac arrived out of the blue demanding to change the sequence (he was no 4) as he was on final and promised by athens, was given short shrift by the controller . the pilot then got up early the next week and got his towel on the runway first. not sure if the same would have happened for olympic.hmmm.

also a (uk) eac 737 operating domestics to mahon is just a big a pain with his constant demands for straight in, visual,whats the other aircraft position? etc etc ad nauseam despite an audible queue of (already sequenced )inbounds of the same tribe. he wasted his time as the spanish controller gave him short shrift as well and we got an attack of drag.

looking forward to the usual abuse from the pprune followers.

p.s i know kos isnt i spain its in france