PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B-738 Crash in Russia Rostov-on-Don
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2016, 12:07
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys: they had only 55pax and some fuel. At that weight there was more than enough thrust for any WEM; but at their height would they have received such a warning? Back to CVR. Or could it have been just a "WS ahead?" Back to CVR. If they were light and gave full power for a WS ahead warning they were in deep shtuck. If this was the case it is almost as though they were primed for this eventuality. Trigger happy? If so, and if they'd experienced it once, and if they had an escape route to a safe haven, i.e. a Plan B in hand, then it is not a rushed manoeuvre. It would have been "let's have another look-see, and if it is the same as before, and because we are both dog-tired, we'll make another GA nice and smoothly and F-Off to that cosy ALTN just done the road. We have their Wx and we have the fuel, and we can look forward to a nice soft warm bed." Good CRM them stipulates that "What do you think?" would follow. Reply," fine by me let's do it. What are they going to do? Fire us? We're leaving anyway."
The CVR will tell volumes.