PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Caboolture this weekend
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2016, 06:09
spinex

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts
I trundled up this morning and wandered around looking at the lovely toys the TAVAS crew have been putting together, as well as a fair selection of other shiny old aircraft. A good morning's entertainment, although it started on a slightly off note, with no less than 5 individuals trying to get their sticky fingers into my wallet before I'd even got past the first hangar. Talk about charity fatigue.

A couple of observations; for me, and I don't think I'm alone, the huffing, banging and smoke of a vintage aircraft starting is a big part of the action and I think the organisers missed an opportunity by having the starts way out in the middle of nowhere. I'm thinking particularly of the Fokker D V11 and Mustang here. Also, whilst the DH assortment across the front of the crowdline was attractive and afforded a close up view of prop swinging, it obscured the runway for most of the crowd and more than one photo was ruined by an errant wing or rudder photo bombing the action.

Flying photos were fairly challenging because of the action being up sun, but I'll post a small selection in the photo thread.