PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is a 'QUI'?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2016, 15:07
BEagle

Received 277 Likes on 112 Posts
What is a 'QUI'?

When securing military accreditation for the NPPL, it was agreed as follows:

Flying Training. Any previous flying training on Single Engine Piston (Land) aeroplanes conducted by an FI(A) or current Qualified Flying Instructor (QFI) may be counted towards the 32 hour minima of flying training and consolidation required before the applicant may take the NST and GST required for the grant of an NPPL(A) with SSEA Class Rating. This may include:

a) Service Flying Scholarship flying.
b) Elementary Flying Training (EFT) flying.
c) University Air Squadron (UAS) flying.
d) Service Pilots under training.
e) Service Pilots withdrawn from flying training.
The infamous Marston report changed the UAS syllabus and introduced the 'air experience' syllabus. So the NPPL credit was amended to exclude any credit for 'interesting passenger flying', so that only flight instruction delivered by a QFI or the holder of a valid civil FI(A) certificate would be credited. As would PIC time.

However, I gather that there's now another category, that of 'QUI'. What does that stand for and what do they do? Is this a new term for a C-to-I QFI or what?

The reason I ask is that, as currently written, technically 'QUI'-delivered flight instruction may not credited. Hence it would be good to know what a 'QUI' actually is before the NPPL P&SC can decide whether to make a suitable credit recommendation to the CAA.