PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter down at Shoreham
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2016, 08:47
Flying Lawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pittsextra
Yet we aren't done with flight safety yet. ………….. etc, etc.
Relevant information will be provided in the accident report. The AAIB's sole objective (in common with equivalent bodies around the world) is the prevention of future aviation accidents and incidents. That is why it makes safety recommendations.
Reports include, to the extent that it is possible to do so, the AAIB's findings concerning the cause(s) and contributory cause(s) of accidents/incidents.
'Causes' in this context means actions, omissions, events, conditions, or a combination thereof, which led to an accident or incident.

Could you expand on the rational vis the Go-Pro we are discussing here? See above for an example as to why understanding the video might be useful to flight safety above.
I could but I won't. My posts in both threads have been, and will continue to be, general.
I will not express opinions about the Shoreham matter.

For the reasons given in my previous answer, I do not accept that your 'flight safety' argument is valid. The AAIB will issue a Report as soon as it is in a position to do so. Accuracy is more important than speed.
Further, given the nature of your previous comments in both threads, I also have doubts (to say the least) about whether that is actually the reason you are in favour of disclosure.

so a debate is healthy?
If you mean a debate about AAIB disclosure generally and/or the use of AAIB reports for a purpose for which they are not intended, yes. But not, in my view, in a thread relating to a current investigation.

In your example of the Moth previously .....
I did not give it as an example. I referred (in the other Hunter thread) to an important Court of Appeal decision of legal principle regarding the use of AAIB reports in civil proceedings. It was decision with far-reaching implications. The civil proceedings which ultimately led to that decision happened to begin with the crash of a Tiger Moth.

You continue, whether intentionally or innocently, to confuse two separate issues.
I still don't see ……..
So it appears.
I repeat what I said in post 1504 of the other thread when, after one final attempt, I gave up trying to explain it to you:
I don't wish to appear discourteous but I see no point in continuing exchanges with you. I have explained the implications of the decision as simply as I can. This post is my final attempt. If you are still unable to understand, so be it.
There's none so blind as those who will not see. (Old proverb.)

Last edited by Flying Lawyer; 23rd Apr 2016 at 07:38. Reason: Typos