PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Possibility of F-22 production re-start?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2016, 01:49
Channel 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My apologies, APG63, if I offended you. It was not my intention.

In my defense, I was taken aback by your statement, which as evidenced by your 20 years of flying fast jets, you obviously didn’t mean, and it’s now clear that you merely misspoke.

Because I’m certain, based on your experience, you would agree that, “Had you bothered to read whatever source you selected for Sears-Haack before copying and pasting it here, you should have seen that it isn't relevant to transonic flight,” is quite literally: the most-wrong statement made on the planet Earth in the last three (3) years.

Because as you obviously know, based on your experience: Sears-Haack shaping makes a radical improvement in the performance of soap box derby cars rolling down a hill at 15-miles per hour. Right? We all know that. All things being equal, a Sears-Haack shaped soap box derby car will win every time over, say, a soap box derby car shaped like a box, or a F-35. (I kid! I kid!) But isn't that right? Human powered cars, salt flat cars, aircraft, submarines, all projectiles: subsonic, transonic, supersonic, being self-propelled or not, ALL benefit from Sears-Haack shaping—regardless of the speed. It’s a pretty fundamental concept. So I know that you merely misspoke or had a brain fart or something.

So please accept my apology, and lets laugh this off.

Based on your experience, you would also know that .8 m to 1.2 m is the ‘transonic’ specification in military programs. Literally. The “.8 m to 1.2 m acceleration spec” is always equivalent to the "transonic acceleration spec.” So yes, perhaps I was a bit defensive, because I didn't know you misspoke or had a brain fart, and again, I apologize.

Below are the original specs.

The baseline transonic acceleration specifications for the three variants prior to the spec change were:

A) A Model: The original “threshold” KPP specification time for transonic acceleration (.8 to 1.2 Mach) was ≤ 55 seconds at 30Kft Altitude. (Add 8 seconds)
B) B Model: The original “threshold” KPP specification time for transonic acceleration (.8 to 1.2 Mach) was ≤ 65 seconds at 30Kft Altitude. (Add 16 seconds)
C) C Model: The original “threshold” KPP specification time for transonic acceleration (.8 to 1.2 Mach) was ≤ 65 seconds at 30Kft Altitude. (Add at least 43 seconds)

Last edited by Channel 2; 22nd Apr 2016 at 03:45.