PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2016, 21:48
Airbus38

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think somebody may already have alluded to this, but just out of curiosity...

A handful of years ago, approx 2012 if I had to guess, the gentleman featured in the video on the previous page (you know, the one with the abysmal 'I'm better than you' body language) wrote a report whilst he was Comdt North Region about the future of Air Cadet Gliding. I seem to recall it was sent out to all VGS OCs but am not sure if it went into general circulation. Shortly thereafter, he was installed into position as OC of the newly formed 2FTS. We all cynically japed at the time that he'd written his own retirement job description. I fear this may have come back to bite us horribly.

Sadly, I only have a cloudy recollection of what exactly he wrote in his report (which, from what I gather, was written largely from his own opinions and put together without him actually taking the time to go around the bazaars and take on board the views of the experienced personnel). However, the 'new look' 2FTS does seem to bear a striking resemblance to many of the basic elements of his report.

I'm just wondering out of curiosity, does anybody happen to have kept a copy of Mr. Middleton's vision for Air Cadet Gliding? I'm sure we'd all enjoy a compare and contrast of what has actually happened!