PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Height-Velocity (H-V) limitations
Old 21st Apr 2016, 20:29
[email protected]

Received 652 Likes on 287 Posts
AnFI - I don't think anyone deliberately misconstrues what you say - it is just that you are not very good at putting your point (which apart from single engine is better than twin we don't really know) across.

Which exposure do you mean? Flying across the sea on one engine, temporarily entering the H-V curve in a twin, ditching a 737???

I know I flew defensively in a single and had to constantly consider the OEI performance in a twin in the low speed environment and there were some situations where an engine failure would have been very unpleasant whether in a single or a twin - but that was all in military ops where the risk/ reward balance is different.

if you can remove some risk relatively easily then you should do it - therefore flying pax in a SE helo is always going to be more risky (in terms of outcome following a single engine failure) than it will be in a twin.

As ever, you love to tease and play games with what your experience is or isn't - it's rather tiresome and you have no credibility on this forum when you do so - don't be surprised if people are rude to you.