PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Conversion, Valid ICAO license?
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2016, 14:10
vh-foobar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No haven't passed the exams yet. In my case I don't know if the exams last longer than 7 years, I am applying for the initial issue of an EASA license.
I hope it takes less than 7 years...

However this may help, I found this in CAP 804, but it's in reference to revalidation and renewal.

5.3 FCL.625(d): IR Renewal requirement for pilots who hold or have held an IR on
another licence or a UK Military Green Rating
The UK CAA has adopted a derogation such that where a pilot holds or has held an
Instrument Rating issued by a third country and that rating is compliant with Annex I to
the Convention on International Civil Aviation, the applicability of FCL.625 IR(c) and (d)
may be based on the validity dates of the Instrument Rating of that other country. The
effect of this exemption is that to renew the IR on a UK issued licence:
(i) a pilot with a current and valid 3rd country IR shall complete the revalidation
requirements of FCL.625(b) and the aircraft category specific requirements for
revalidation of the Part-FCL IR; meaning that he must pass the proficiency check,
but is not required to undergo training or to re-take the theoretical knowledge
examinations; or
(ii) a pilot who held a 3rd country IR that is no longer valid but had been revalidated
or renewed within the preceding 7 years shall comply with the renewal
requirements of FCL.625 IR(c), but is not required to re-take the theoretical
knowledge examinations.

The UK CAA has published equivalent terms for holders of a United Kingdom
Unrestricted Military Green Rating, Refer to Section 4, Part O for full information.