PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet 2016
Thread: easyJet 2016
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2016, 13:55
FlyVeryHigh-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hm. I got excited when i seen this a few days ago but now I'm a little sceptical. If you look on that link it says that you can apply now, so it takes you to the careers section of the site. If you look at the vacancies there are 3 relatable to this press release.

1. Amy Johnson initiative;
2. Cadet co-pilots - Switzerland;
3. Future cadet programme - Switzerland.

So the problem with 1 (if you're a male that is) is that the offer is there to underwrite loans for 6 females only, nothing here about underwriting loans for males, so guys, I think we're out for this option.

2. Cadet co-pilots - read it. It's for graduates who have GRADUATED from an approved easyjet training organisation. The offer is here to underwrite a loan for type rating. Again, good if you're an ab-initio grad.

3. Future cadet programme - It states you have to self fund training at an approved easyjet training organisation AND type rating.

I suspect, but I may be wrong, that when they say about underwriting loans of 30k-100k that they're talking about the 6 100k loans for the Amy Johnson initiative, and at the other end of the scale, the 30k needed for the cadet co-pilots from point 2.

The 400 cadet pilots will be a mix of already qualified and ab initio, but I suspect more qualified than an initio, and for an initio... I don't think there would be any offer for loan underwriting there.

That's just my view on it, and I welcome being corrected at some point in the future!