PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter down at Shoreham
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2016, 07:25
Pittsextra

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Hey good morning - on train so super fast post.

1 - yes
2 - because a) I don't believe there (two cameras) fitment was for flight safety purposes. b) I think the drawn out process that results causes additional stress for victims c) any reference to the footage in any AAIB final report makes it likely that a judgement would be made that footage would be released anyway - otherwise you'd have some curious situation where you could read about the footage but not see it. d) the footage in itself does not prejudice the pilot it merely gives added colour to the wider event, therefore given this is single pilot aircraft the pilot is considered/responsible - who is able to complete the narrative - or not. e) the release of the media would not seem to me an event that would discourage others using Go-Pro cameras capturing their GA flying activities f) other than the letter of law I have not heard a reason why the release of the film damages either this pilots integrity or the case of wider aviation safety g) the process is distractional to those involved