PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The open threat from Ms. Thompson the Director of Flight Operations
Old 21st Apr 2016, 04:21
Big Picture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Careful boys. Don't ever think you have Swire over a barrel. Talk is cheap. They will have contingencies planned if the talks fail.

Move freighters to Air Hong Kong, with the 747 pilots going to the straight onto the A350? A330's to Dragonair? No training ban there. Either way, upgrades come to a halt at Cathay magically have all the pilots they need. Much easier to convert than upgrade. They will have far more plans than these and none of them are going to be good for those wanting to upgrade.

Maybe we should wait and see what the AOA can achieve and not have predetermined opinions. TV, how can you say that you are voting no when the meeting hasn't happened yet?

Ok, no doubt I'll be shot at dawn for stating this view but I recall we went into contract compliance for a pay deal and better rostering. We've achieved one and there is a meeting next month to discuss the other. Lets see what happens eh?

I for one don't look upon the email as a threat, more a warning stating that they have a plan if the talks fail and it aint going to be good for Cathay pilots.