PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The open threat from Ms. Thompson the Director of Flight Operations
Old 21st Apr 2016, 04:09
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Negotiating with this lot is a never ending exercise in futility. AT was correct on all points right up to the end, where she threw down her ultimatum and set a deadline. Effectively, she just said, "You better agree to what we want or else..." Earth to CX management, that is not negotiating in GOOD FAITH, and it condemns the process to certain failure. This isn't high school, and I'm not giving you my lunch money.

So, I'll ask the questions... Or else what? What will you do? You think you have options? Show your hand. I dare you. Want to wrap up the freighter operation and let other operators skim what little profit there is in CX cargo? Go ahead! See how your investors like that, especially after building that massive cargo terminal. Watch how many pilots leave when their 747 bases are closed. How does that solve your crewing problem? Who will train all these Boeing to Airbus conversions? KA? Good luck. Does EADS have a few dozen extra trainers sitting around doing nothing? I think not. And who will train the new joiners while all these fictional Boeing to Airbus conversions occur? Yeah, that's what I thought... nobody!

In short, I call your bluff. You better put a darn good rostering proposal down on the table, or your cards will be bared for all to see. I seriously doubt your term as DFO lasts much longer if that happens. This isn't high school, and you aren't playing truth or dare. This is real life. Time to join the rest of the civilized world and negotiate in GOOD FAITH. You have just as much to lose as we do, probably more. Or do you like Mainland Coke bottling?