PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK who is responsible
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2016, 14:38
notapilot15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some time in August 2015 in response to US DoT/DoS docket, Emirates(UAE government) filed (ie., agreed) Emirates (Dubai) built exclusive terminal for Emirates (airline) and along with other subsidies.

Emirates Confirms Billions in Government Subsidy for Airport Terminal

If you notice Sir who was using sledge hammer until then stopped talking about subsidies since.

My take US Government will look the other way on subsidies as long as TC doesn't speak bad about US3. Only interview after that was with CNBC in November 2015 where he said "no one believes him even though he is repeating same thing again and again".

CNBC Transcript: Interview with Tim Clark, President of Emirates Airline

Well I think we have almost exhausted ourselves in explaining why, we Emirates are not subsidized. I don't think we could have been more clear, more transparent, evidenced in any number of ways to show that this company is not subsidized in any way shape or form by the Dubai government. We've made that clear with evidence, we've shown it in multiple figures, submissions etc. Now for someone to keep banging on that particular drum is for me a complete waste of time.
Compare that his earlier weekly press conferences/interviews/white papers/analysis, someone told him to cut down the media coverage on this topic.

Not a written agreement, but you see the results.