PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Aiming for 50% Gender Spilt in Interview Candidates
Old 20th Apr 2016, 03:03
oicur12.again

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
“For the past year, it has had a policy in place to aim for an even split between male and female candidates for interviews and shortlisted for jobs”

This DOES NOT constitutes a quota. A quota allocates actual jobs, interviews and short lists DO NOT. They are wishes, preferences if you will. Targets. But nothing more. Most companies have them and many fail to achieve them.

“Its not something for the future, its been happening for a year.”

Great, that’s fantastic; JQ started a program a year ago with a long-term view to help encourage women to join the industry?

“Changes to culture to give women the confidence to pursue a non traditional field takes years, decades.”

Yes, even generations. Which is why JQ have put in a framework to start this ball rolling. I have never suggested that JQ have enacted policy that will yield changes to the cockpit make up immediately.

“Hell, if Jetstar want to apply a quota to get more . . . . .. martians into the job then lets give it a try.”

Please tell me you are not interpreting this clearly tongue in cheek comment as confirmation of my enthusiasm for quotas in this situation? You just don’t get nuance or humor do you?

“I'm seriously starting to think you're someone I know trolling me for laughs”

You know what they say about someone who resorts to name-calling. Thank you sincerely for this comment. It’s the escape clause I have been looking for.