PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Aiming for 50% Gender Spilt in Interview Candidates
Old 20th Apr 2016, 01:09
das Uber Soldat

Received 127 Likes on 36 Posts
Please point me in the direction where JQ state that quotas are their policy objective. Your evidence thus far does not carry water.
Quota : "1. the share or proportional part of a total that is required from, or is due or belongs to, a particular district, state, person, group, etc."
​Jetstar : "For the past year, it has had a policy in place to aim for an even split between male and female candidates for interviews and shortlisted for jobs"

First math lessons, now English. I should start charging.

More importantly, JQ is motivated by dollars; in this case, making sure that there is a plentiful supply of pilot applicants in the future. A quota DOES NOT solve this problem for JQ at all.
50% correct.

JQ is simply providing a framework to figure out why it is that only 5% of pilot applicants are female.
More whitewashing. JQ hasn't started a careers research centre. They are actively 'working hard' to alter the gender split for interviews and shortlist positions. Its not something for the future, its been happening for a year.

Changes to culture to give women the confidence to pursue a non traditional field takes years, decades. You cherry picked past this point last time, but lets try again.

What is J* actively 'working hard' on, to alter the gender split for interviews and shortlist jobs right now?

Keg has already called you on the 'fostering the industry' tripe.

Lastly;

Originally Posted by OIC
[Do you support Quotas?] - No, in the case of airline pilots, no I don’t. I have not even suggested that I do.
Originally Posted by OIC
Hell, if Jetstar want to apply a quota to get more . . . . .. martians into the job then lets give it a try.
I'm seriously starting to think you're someone I know trolling me for laughs.