PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter down at Shoreham
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2016, 10:24
Hebog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had assumed from the interim report published by the AAIB that it was a preliminary report providing the information gathered from various sources and it should be regarded as tentative and is subject to alteration or correction. As further investigation will be carried out to examine the aircraft & the maintenance records to establish the condition of the aircraft before the accident. They were also looking at the operation of the aircraft, organisation of the event re public safety and associated regulatory issues.

Which would explain the following phrase ' the aircraft appeared to be responding to the pilots control inputs. To date no abnormal indications have been identified'
As I assume they had not investigated the airframe physically at this stage but only a quick check before a more detailed forensic examination of the controls, engine, airframe and other components is carried out which may take months/years to complete.

Hence why I stated people should refrain from stating the pilot stoofed due to technique, as not all the facts had been gathered or fully investigated at that point.