PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B-738 Crash in Russia Rostov-on-Don
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2016, 10:04
Phileas Fogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having worked 'Operations' for a number of carriers, both scheduled and charter, there are a number of commercial factors that simply don't make sense and please excuse that I don't dredge back thru some 67 pages regarding which buttons to press etc:

1. The outbound load, on a B737-800, was a mere 55, what was the return booked load like because I've worked for many a scheduled carrier where we'd just be looking for an excuse to cancel a flight with just a 30% booked load and something like 70mph winds at the destination would provide us with that excuse, so:

a. Are flydubai a professionally run organisation with trained Operation/Dispatch staff capable of making a judgement call or are they an organisation of tee-shirted muppets calling everybody "sir" whilst serving about as much purpose as a chocolate teapot?, and

b. Upon report did the Captain question the destination weather, was he permitted to question the destination weather proposing cancelling the flight or was he not permitted to propose this and/or he already knew what the answer would be?

And then, having departed and arrived to his destination and conducted one missed approached he went in to the hold, I appreciate that one doesn't enter a hold planning to stay there for 2 hours or longer, but:

a. After 30 minutes, 60 minutes, 90 minutes etc. in the hold "who is calling the shots?". Was a significant weather improvement forecast, or:

b. Why didn't they PDQ divert to, perhaps, Krasnodar, to sit it out there (it is acknowledged that an additional sector reduces allowable FDP by 45 minutes), or:

c. Simply divert to, perhaps, Krasnodar, dump the pax there for road transportation to Rostov, put some fuel on and return PDQ to DXB empty?

As I say there are commercial factors here that don't make sense, who was in charge, managing, this operation or might I already have guessed that it was someone wearing a tee-shirt in charge of this operation?