PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Liberal Party wins, Bombardier wins
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2016, 09:22
peekay4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delta have said all along there will be no announcement until their next shareholder/board meeting which I thought was the end of April. Close enough to May.
The Delta board meeting happened already. That's why all the speculation of an imminent announcement. But apparently no decision was made by management for the board to approve.

Delta's next scheduled board meeting wont be until June (around their AGM). So they will either hold a special board meeting in May, or wait until the June.

Bombardier, apparently, are saying nothing other than they are close to a deal.
Lots of press leaks from "sources close to the negotiations" (Bombardier).

With Air Canada remember there were "side deals" such as Quebec "coincidentally" dropping their maintenance facility lawsuit. With Delta, BBD will have to offer a straight deal at a steeper discount, unless Quebec is willing to subsidize Delta's purchase with special financing or through some other vehicle.

I seriously doubt those naive Canadian salesmen are thinking regional jet prices when dealing with DL's fleet planners.
After the United deal fell through, BBD has little choice but to offer rock-bottom prices to Delta.

But I'm actually surprised Boeing & Airbus appear to be out of the deal. And I can't see E195s fulfilling most of Delta's requirements. So BBD is actually in a good position to win a deal, if they can meet the price point.