PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 6
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2016, 17:53
ATNotts

Received 304 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by LEEDS APPROACH
Seabrooks make the lovely crisps and Morrisons make sure that they are available to satisfy the demand for them from the customer. Hence my wording.

Simply saying that other nearby airports are satisfying the demand is not a satisfactory answer in my opinion. These are not marginal routes. BHX could quite happily move everyone to PMI too. I believe it is a strategic airport decision.

I am not talking about KLM particularly - just the potential underlying demand from the distance catchment.

LPL moved 26354 to AMS in Feb 16 and EMA moved 3736. Astonishing. Just what DSA needs after 10 years.
Seabrooks make the best crisps in UK - knock Walkers into a cocked hat. I doubt those down south know what they are missing!!!

LPL / AMS is overwhelmingly point to point leisure traffic - with EZY. Now of course Jet2 could offer EMA / AMS but choose not to, possibly because it doesn't fit their business model.

If any airline saw the opportunity to make money of these routes from EMA you can be sure they wouldn't be slow in opening them - there is no way that EMA would be preventing them from doing so. I wish there was more of a business offering from EMA, rather than over reliance on the bucket and spade market; and on one carrier in particular, which has also probably not served the airport well in enabling them to attract new carriers and routes.