PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which UK airlines fly between non-UK airports?
Old 18th Apr 2016, 17:45
ATNotts

Received 296 Likes on 166 Posts
No this wrong, there are risks in leaving and it's probably more of a risk to remain, but what are the BENEFITS of staying or going?
Sorry, I can't let that statement go. There are most definitely unknown factors whether the UK remains in the EU, or leaves - but to say that the risk of staying are greater than the those leaving simply aren't credible.

The advantages of staying in are, amongst others:-

Retaining simplified arrangements for the movement of good across borders - no transit documents, vehicle permits, customs clearance, outlaying of VAT up front on import, exports clearance.

Free movement of people allowing Brits to live and work in other EU States.

Freedom of UK based airlines, especially EasyJet to use UK registered aircraft to operate internal EU services - setting up a separate company within the EU would negate the problem, but would be an increased cost to their businesses.

The laws relating to maximum working hours, parental leave, TUPE - all of which a Conservative government would undoubtedly repeal within hours of being released from the EU.

Freedom to buy goods across borders when travelling without incurring the wrath of HMRC (and bills for VAT and excise duty).

That's probably enough for now. It annoys me that the leaders of the remain campaign are concentrate on "project fear" rather than highlighting what the EU does for us. I wish they would start becoming more positive.