PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2016, 14:55
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
I'd suggest that 3+ independent audits a year of 'standards' is certainly more than adequate. Each audit/inspection followed up with a comprehensive report listing faults found, remedial action required and timescales to do it in.
All things being equal, I concur. But the Nimrod and MoK Reviews were all about adverse audit reports being buried (by the same people) without taking remedial action. Both took evidence that staff at the "bottom" knew what to do and tried to implement, but there was no top down support. In both cases, the process fell apart at the same level/rank/grade and it turned out that staff had been instructed NOT to take remedial action and actively prevented from doing so. I read here of the exact same failings. Might I suggest that despite the efforts and professionalism of those directly involved in cadet training, there are higher level failings here that are way beyond the ken or pay grade of anyone in the ATC. Those involved are permitted to judge their own case.