PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Greedy Airlines & SlimLine Seats!
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2016, 14:28
Hotel Tango

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indeed DtA, but these emergency exit seats are not the best on the a/c (other than the legroom). Also (for obvious reasons) no armrest by the emergency window seat (may depend on type). I would still prefer the 1st three or four rows or so to be the prime seats, but without over charging for them the way the legacy carriers do. A good product I use whenever possible is Condor's Premium Class to destinations such as the Canaries. Decent seat pitch, guaranteed empty middle seat, extra weight allowance for hold (25kgs iso 20kgs) and cabin (10kgs iso 6kgs), dedicated check-in and upgraded complimentary catering. The catering option is not important for me, but on a 4.5 hour flight the lack of hassle and extra space is. On average the extra cost from Germany to the Canaries amounts to approximately €225 per seat each way. Many may think at that, but the fact that Condor sell these seats without any difficulty indicates that there is a market for them. I'm not flush with funds but it has always been my philosophy that my vacation starts as soon as I close my front door and not when I check-in at the hotel/appartment. Now I fully appreciate it isn't an option for a majority of travelers, especially those with families. My point and my worry is that I don't want to see future air travel excluding these reasonably priced options. In a European travel world dominated by the likes of RYR and EZY this could likely be the outcome.