PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BCFT
Thread: BCFT
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2016, 12:02
9287Excellent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I completed my training with BCFT (CPL and ME/IR) a few years ago after my original flying school (Cabair) went into administration, but thats another story. I had heard good things about BCFT and I wasn't disappointed. I started my training shortly after a change in management which seemed to be for the better in my experience.
I have heard a mixture of reviews about them recently, some good and some not so good, which I think is the case for a lot of schools, but I have heard a few stories recently about preferences given to Integrated students over modular students, but I can't say as this was the case when I was there however.
I would say don't be taken in by promises of a job from particularly one of the Bournemouth schools, I know a lot of students who have been there and its very much 50/50 with the ones who get a job as a pilot straight out of training and ones who didn't. One person I know who trained at said school, spent two years as Cabin crew with Easyjet before getting a F/O job with Ryanair (the same job as a lot of the guys I trained with at BCFT) but then others who walked straight into pilot jobs.
I apologise my experiences aren't desperately recent, but hopefully they'll help.