PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why no full position reports in G and E ?
Old 18th Apr 2016, 03:00
Agrajag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also religiously ( or possibly semi- religiously ) monitor the ATC area frequencies when flying VFR en route. Not once in the last decade have I identified a call that was rellevent traffic for my flight. It may happen one day but hasn't yet.
That's odd Dick. Just a couple of days ago I heard ATC give such a call to an RPT crew about to take off from a regional airport. There was unidentified traffic to the east; possibly a conflict for his climb out.

The traffic was me in my bugsmasher, so I spoke up, was asked to ident, and had a chat with the Saab to arrange for us not to meet. It all took about 30 seconds, ATC thanked me for my effort and we went on our merry way. Had I been on any frequency other than FIA, I would never have known he was there, and he would have been left wondering just what I was doing next. Not the way to run an RPT operation, I feel.

If this has truly not happened to you in 10 years, we must yet again exist in parallel universes, because it's a semi-regular occurrence for me.