PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 17th Apr 2016, 19:38
theonaqvi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the Integrated route worth the investment?

Hi,
I'm very nearly 18 years old and wants to become a pilot. I have researched a lot into it and know it's not as glamorous as its made out be be however, it is something I really want to do. I have to be realistic about this however, modular seems a little bit more risky as you have less chance of receiving a job afterwards than integrated but it is cheaper, yet still very expensive. I have looked at some loans that would cover the cost of an Intergrated ATPL such as ATPL Finance and BBVA. Is it worth the investment of 80,000-100,000 pounds given how the market may not be stable and also for the return on investment. I do not have the funds for it and don't particularly want to spend 15 years of my life being poor paying off this massive loan. I am still doing research but would like some opinions, I am also thinking of applying for the RAF as it seems appealing to, although a very different life.