PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest Price for ADSB US$163,000 – AU$213,252
Old 17th Apr 2016, 15:17
mgahan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Replace the Enroute Surveillance "

Folk,

Sorry I cannot immediately respond to posts. Usually I'm off working as a sole trader consultant having to earn a quid to stay on top but, to tell the truth, yesterday and today I was at the Singapore Rugby Sevens: did you see Kenya demolish Fiji in the final? Great weekend but back to PPRuNe watching.

Re posts 16 and 22. As I remember, there was a bit of a dummy spit within AirServices about the rejection of the low level ADS/B programme and the enroute radars have been or are in the process of being replaced.

En route Radar Replacement Program | Airservices seems to refer. As I remember the tender only allowed for one on one replacement of the existing SSR ennroute radars and no non complying alternatives -but I may have misread the tender docs based on my limited understanding of surveillance needs and technologies.

My abject apologies for injecting fact into the argument.

MJG
lay about ex military guy and airspace regulator in several States whose international ATM surveillance technology experience is limited to only two and a bit decades.