PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK who is responsible
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2016, 12:56
exekcabincrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just have to contribute to this thread.. Had TC on my flight to BHX. Never left his suite, never bothered to say hi to the crew or talk to anyone. In any company everything starts at the top. With the CEO and top-management, then it flows down to all other departments. In EK leadership is a title - "I have an ID card that says CC6, therefore I am superior to you, since you hold a CC2 ID." EK leadership culture is all about fearing your seniors, not respecting them.

I agree 100% with Nikita when Nikita sais that most leaders in EK are not fit for their job. Many of them come from certain cultural environments where the social structure is based in casts, opression, titles and surnames and not on respect for human dignity. Other "leaders" come from Western cultures, however its seems that they are happy to embrace the opression culture endoresed by the management the very first moment they earn their Bla-bla-10th-level EK ID. Most seniors are not psichologically ready to lead a team and they only use their canned authority to express power over somebodie's life in order to feed their low self-esteem and lack of decision-making power they probably experienced during their childhood, teens and adulthood.

This corporate culture is the perfect environment for many negative behavioral patterns to flourish, such as backstabbing, snitching, lack of trust in everyone around you, lack of feeling of belonging to the company.

How many of you feel that you are\were part of Emirates Group? How many of you identify yourself with Emirates and feel proud of working for it? Personally I never felt I belong to EK, there always was my job and Emirates was the HQ building full of so-called managers that don't give a crap about me. The "company" is your enemy, it's not an organization you can rely on. That was Emirates in my perception anyways..

To finish, I'd like to share a TED talk on leadership. Please watch it, it's 12 min long and you will have a good laugh (a sad one probably) on how the leadership in EK contrasts with what the speaker, Simon Sinek, has to say. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmyZMtPVodo