PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK who is responsible
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2016, 11:51
Nikita81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since Human Resources Management (Bachelor degree) and Security Management (Master degree) are my profession, I've noticed one thing common to all departments in EK and I used to say when I was working there that "all the insecure people from planet Earth with the complex of superiority came to work for EK as bosses".

Working as a superior to someone is always a psychological trap for the superior and it can really be a measure and indicator of their inner insecurities and complexes, because it can bring out the worst in people coming from this lack of mental hygiene. Unfortunately, it happens a lot. 90% of people are immature and not ready enough to lead the team because they hide their own insecurities or/and incompetencies by being strict, unfair, wrong and, very often, childish.

This "bad boss working culture" has spread all over Emirates. All of them want to show and have power over human lives to the extent that it's accepted as normal and desirable. Sometimes it is a matter of the part of the world they are coming from. It's not racist, it's a fact.

TC may not be a people person but his behaviour influences other superiors who see his arrogant mask as a desirable model of behaviour. Same goes for the other top managers, who also have the need to prove something to themselves and others. I've heard that only head of HR Abdulaziz Al Ali is somewhat different and a good man, but his mistake is the fact that he doesn't bother with improving the organizational culture, which he has to do being an HR.

So, the first thing to deal with in EK would be that extremely sick way in which superiors grasp their role. And fire many middle managers who don't have any other role than to chase employees all over Emirates facilities and punish them for not wearing the right nailpolish color or for not wearing a hat inside HQ. Their roles are unnecessary and costly.

TC had to do something about it long time ago and he is quilty for not paying any attention whatsoever to the employee strategy.

Last edited by Nikita81; 17th Apr 2016 at 14:59.