PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2016, 17:26
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Winter 2016/17

Well what can I say other than that this coming winter schedule is yet again a bit of a dull, boring, same old same old kind of theme.

It's probably the most unstructured I've seen yet with frequencies changing seemingly every few weeks, routes being served on a Sunday and Tuesday only (what use is that!?) and others with generally poor timings to suit business travel. I know there's peaks and troughs in demand but come on!

This quote made me chuckle in response to their 1.3% drop in March LF...

EasyJet falls behind Ryanair as budget airlines battle for dominance of Europe?s skies - Mirror Online

“We still have a load factor of over 90% which by any standards is a very good performance,” she said.

“We’ve got some very good value fares - but we’re not giving away seats like some other airlines.”

Really? Well maybe you should give it a go... that's generally how a LCC would stimulate demand during the off-peak periods and make commercial gains from ancillary revenues.

It's that well known strategy of "pile it high, sell it cheap" that wins when demand is lower, rather than this willy nilly, shall we shan't we kind of approach whereby, compared to their competition, they have mediocre fares and offer generally poor durations and flexibility to the customer.

Sorry for those who disagree, but I don't think that's good enough these days, as is starting to be reflected in their performance figures when others are reporting 20%+ traffic growth with record profits.