PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Resistence to Change and Reform -- Anywhere.
Old 15th Apr 2016, 13:35
mgahan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Safety benefits of surveillance in airspace

LS,

Bit distracted here in Singapore on fee paying work (oh, and watching the Rebels get a rugby lesson from the Canes - pity I picked the wrong team in the tipping comp).

I can assure you that the report we submitted to OAR in 2010 was not the one to which you referred in your post #45:
"Unless, of course, you are referring to the lunatic (and lunatically expensive) proposal for 100% surveillance and 100% random tracking, with every aircraft airborne subject to real-time control, and the big-brother computer controlling all this was to be "more" infallible than any human controller or pilot. A whole different meaning to "One Sky", with an equally lunatic proposal to charge every aircraft in the country for "access to airspace" to pay for the whole monster."

I can also assure you that as recently as October 2015 someone in OAR went looking for and found the report.

I can also tell you that when I advised the peer review team of the CASA decision not to publish, one of the reviewers, who was a very senior ATM person in an international industry representative organisation, offered to pay for the research to be redone so that organisation could publish. On legal advice, I declined the offer.

Next rugby game on TV here is 0100 and I have tickets for the Sevens tomorrow so I might retire to my monastic couch.

MJG
Idiot who has worked on airspace issues in places like Somalia, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan and Iraq.