PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 15th Apr 2016, 13:32
asianeagle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
]
Are they taking any Boeing guys and putting them on Airbus?
don't think so but can't be sure.

Anyone who's been recently care to share any info about the assessment??
Send in online app, they then ask for your CV etc and get you to do an online fruit loop test!
Once done you get an invite, assuming you not fruit loop, to Doha.
Day 1 is a HR briefing on salaries and benefits etc, then all do a 1 hour 50 question multiple choice tech exam, which is non type specific and covers anything you might have done in your Comm ATPL exams.

IF.. you pass that you get to go for interview with 2 pilots. Questions cover non type specific events in your flying career where they like you to give as much detail as possible. i.e., did you ever fly with a difficult captain and how did you handle it.

Not everyone got through this bit, but if you do, you get invited to sim check next day.

This could be in 777 for Boeing people or 320 for Airbus.
If you NTR you seem to fly a different scenario to TR who it would seem really had a good workout with failures TCAS' etc.
NTR, for me at least was all raw data manoeuvres followed by a sick pax scenario after take off.

No feed back from sim guys allowed, I guess we get the 'don't phone us we'll phone you' in a couple of weeks.

Tip, if you paperwork or logbook is not perfect, you get binned straight away, no tech quiz no interview.