PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My dream - advice please (collective thread)
Old 15th Apr 2016, 07:25
zmzmtm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd like to know how you guys think about Korean Airline Pilot Program (K-APP) with F

Subject: I'd like to know how you guys think about Korean Airline Pilot Program (K-APP) with FSA (Flight Safety Academy, Florida).

Hello I'm from South Korea and gonna take K-APP in a few months. Actually I'm a student of Korea Aerospace University (KAU) and KAU offers me a 1,000hr Flight Training Program called K-APP.

The course is: (All these costs are included housing and living expenses)
Phase 1: Ground school (at KAU) : about $4,000
Phase 2: Flight Training at FSA (Beginner~CPL, 250hr): $86,000
Phase 3: Time building (250~1,000hr) from FSA Instructor ($44,000) or F/O at Ameriflight ($57,000) - Phase 3 cost could be loaned from national bank.

K-APP students can fail at every phase. Since the program has started, about 20% of students have failed. Once they drop out, they cannot apply to KE or LJ for his lifetime.
But if they successfully survive to the program, they can apply to KE (KE does not guarantee to pass them, but I've heard most of those survivors have joined KE.).

My questions are:
1. How do you think about this program? If you get a chance to take this program, would you do it? now I'm considering joining to usual flight academy because of failure rate, disadvantages of failure, and expenses (I have to pay total expense $150,000 of 1,000hr.). Which course is better do you think? Please give me some advise.
2. If someone who are studying in FSA is there, could you advise me how much time will it take for the Phase 2? I heard FSA has so many students that flying schedules are often delayed. And could you tell me how difficult it is to succeed in their course?