PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Lic for N Reg pilots domiciled EU.
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2016, 22:22
Underrated and Moderated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Riddle me this.....if I get a Part FCL....which one am I flying on? Both? Do I take off in France on my Part FCL and land in Teterboro on my FAA?? Or vice versa? At which point in flight am I swapping???"

TN8B posted this and i didn't see any reply yet.....so I will have a punt....

You take off in France using your British Television licence (as it's an EASA state( and land in Teterboro on your "Fishing licence". The point at which you swap licences will be your ETP over the Atlantic I think, or it may have to be the exact Lat/Long equal distance point in the NAT's.....I'm not sure?!!

It's a good point. You can't fly on TWO licences....so why make people hold two that don't need them? This is where so many people on here are getting their knickers in a twist. Don't offer a back door to an FAA ATP holder, that will allow that holder to fly for easyJet or NetJets or whoever, by getting a validation.....but by the same token, don't then also say that their licence cant be used to fly private ops, simply because the operation is EU based. It makes no sense. The Status Quo would remain if they just issued a restricted ATP (or whatever ticket that person needs to hold, to carry on doing what they are doing now) with the restriction being that their Third Country Licence has to be valid (medical s in place etc) in order for the ATP (Restricted) to be valid!! Easy! That way, if you want to do an EASA ATP (full), or do an EASA one and an FAA one to open up more jobs....hell, even an Aussie one, a Canadian one and a blinking Russian one, they can do.....the only limits would be where the HOLDER decides to set them....not EASA, with ZERO JUSTIFICATION!!!!!!

I think, somebody also mentioned, the M reg based in the USA regulation and that those aircraft have to leave at some point, even for a day, so that they are not U.S based. That's exactly how it is for the N/VP/A6/P4 etc etc in Europe, unless they want to pay the local VAT/Taxes etc.....which MANY light aircraft do pay (because its a ball ache flying out of the EU due time and distance etc....puddle jumpers struggle with that) but, most foreign reg' aircraft don't....because escaping the EU is easy and done regularly....which is why these people own the sodding things in the first place!! I know of several EU operators now that specifically own N registered, in the EU, so that their frequent visits to the U.S, don't have the added complexity of having to pre-notify the TSA/Immigration lot about every place they intend on visiting and who is on board etc, which you have to do if you're M reg or EU reg. So, these guys fly on their N reg licences and I know of two that have let their EASA licences lapse because they don't need to use them.

Last edited by Underrated and Moderated; 14th Apr 2016 at 22:50. Reason: Irrelevant