PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2016, 08:02
Arclite01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My experience with Ministers and MP's (and I have had a quite a bit) is that they believe what they are told. They are not SME's, and quite often they have no knowledge of the Ministry in which they are placed (since George Osborne is neither an Accountant or has ever actually had a proper job - I kid you not).

They have no option but to believe what they are told, and they act accordingly. In a lot of ways the CEO of many large companies are the same. They expect the people under them to be the expert (like they are paid for), be honest and professional in their dealings. In public service supposedly, even more so.

In this case that has sadly not been the case. It's quite clear that no-one with knowledge of ACO Gliding or Engineering has really been near the decision making process for this one. Underpinned by weak contract management practice (the MoD was always like that anyway) this was doomed from the start. Personal interests, Personal Agendas and Personalities have all been at work here.

I think I can hear the lid being nailed down on this one now to stop the skeletons getting out.

Just so sad, and unnecessary.

I will of course be putting in a bid for one of the incredibly well maintained Vigilants when they come up for sale if the Personal interests, Personal Agendas and Personalities don't do a TSR2 on them to prevent the evidence from surfacing..................but in world where the Government can sell off the UK Gold reserves below market price or publicly owned bank shares below the value with no questions asked, who would be surprised if a few motorgliders quitely arrived on the fire dump or Shoebury Ranges...............
Arc

Last edited by Arclite01; 14th Apr 2016 at 08:05. Reason: but in a world