PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA staff walkout @ LHR
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2003, 23:27
Dick Fisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm only at page two of the thread so far, but am feeling fairly incensed at some of the comments.

Having worked for part of BA as an independent contractor a few years ago and expecting to encounter a world-class business, I was surprised and amazed at some of the very poor management practices I found, along with an attitude to staff which belonged in the 19th century.

I've no doubt a lot of customers are feeling very unhappy by the walk out at Heathrow, but should the correspondents thus far simply blame the staff who walked?

As is often the case in big organisations, my experience of the front-line people at BA is that they work long and hard to deliver a high class service, despite the antics of their managers and Directors.

So, perhaps condemnation of those who walked out should be reserved until we hear exactly what BA Managers demanded of them - and what caused feelings to run so high that they felt compelled to demonstrate their frustration in the only way possible. By taking industrial action.