PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots' fatigue investigation
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2016, 20:22
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nikita81

As a pilot with over 30 years experience, never, ever have I seen someone 'asleep' during landing. Plenty of micro sleeps during descent for sure and once or twice fallen asleep during cruise without briefing or planning on it, but never the actual landing. How would this cabin crew member know unless he was physically in the cockpit during the actual landing anyway? And on 'many, many occasions'? I doubt it.

I'm very supportive of any individual or organisation that can highlight genuine safety concerns or deficiencies within our industry but for this campaign to be truly effective, the information needs to be factual and from credible sources. Whilst some of our cabin crew are indeed extremely knowledgeable about flying itself, aircraft and the pilots duties, the vast majority are not. When a male Egyptian CSV can seriously ask 'have you ever collided with another aircraft in the air before', you know the level of 'expertise' you're dealing with! Professional evidence is one thing, emotive ignorance is quite another.

No doubt you will provide more of your opinion to the contrary.......again.

Harry