PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are Shoreham flying schools so busy.........
Old 13th Apr 2016, 12:44
alex90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heston,

The funny thing is that your last post highlights a misunderstanding in this thread.

I don't think anyone can reasonably expect a business to bend-over for prospective clients, I don't think that was what was mentioned in any of the posts. Most of these posts were highlighting common courtesy and basic common sense for any business. I agree with you Heston that current customers should be rewarded for their loyalty

The OP was saying that he went into a flying school in the hope for it to become his new ATO to complete his PPL ( I read between the lines as "student eager to get cracking" ). Who walks into the flying school on a mucky day, talks to the CFI who gives him a whole 2 minute chat and refuses for him or any other staff not seemingly doing anything useful due to grounded aeroplanes (resulted by weather) to have a quick look at the planes (that are just sitting there).

Now I am not an expert in human psychology, but this does seem rather unpleasant, and should that have been me, I too would have gone to look elsewhere for someone who is grateful for the business.

But perhaps there is a good reason for this... Ie... Badly maintained planes? Door seals leaking?

The second experience, well I am not one to judge as I personally would have booked a trial lesson with them and asked for a little ground-time for a chat before the flight, rather than "turn up for a chat" (concept I find a little weird TBH, what on earth could you chat about for an hour!?). But again, there is no need for that kind of behaviour, he could probably have just said that he was out of coffee OWTTE. But it would depend on the words the OP used with the gentleman too!

Anyway - recap - only thing I think most people are saying is that you should be courteous to anyone who comes through your door. Not bending over backwards though!