PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blackpool Thread
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2016, 10:39
Ernest Lanc's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is going to be no new operator that will sign up on a promise of a new terminal. Blackpool had a small terminal and BB destroyed it, it also had the equipment to run a passenger operation and sold the lot.
You are simply wrong with respect.

I can't see jets returning to BLK, for the simple reason there would be no confidence in BB.

Having said that - An airline would sign up on teh understanding a terminal and equipment needed would be available in X time.

Reason I say that is, if X operator at BLK failed to deliver, then so simpel the airline would pull out.

As for your comments on building on the lng runway, can you link to show that will happen?
The best that can be hoped for are a couple of portocabins bolted together for a small IOM operation and that is it
Can you link to that? IOM flights are managing quite well without your portocabins.

Also with the introduction of the living wage, wage costs would be no doubt higher than before.
Yes and that will also happen at SEN and other small airports - and dare I say. Luton staff will be paid enough to eat also.

Sad to say, but the odds are now stacked so high against our airfield that I can't see a future in the short term to repair the devastating blow which the wonderful Balfour Beatty have dealt us.
Sangrown. Not just BB though is it. The penny pinching Jet2 also had a hand in wrecking the airport - The council also are a disgrace. What happened to the rain day money?

Oh and who signed the contracts with FR and LS that made the airport run at a loss?

LTNman is wrong, BLK could have made money with the loads they had, had they been paid proper by FR and LS.

LTMman is also wrong, HE ASSUMES that BLK could never grow, well before they closed BLK were getting new routes every year. That is the irony and showed BB were losing money. Who's fault, a collection of idiots since 2005

Yes it's the end while BB are in control.