PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blood pressure limits and airlines (Ryanair etc.)
Old 13th Apr 2016, 09:45
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stan I also know someone with Low blood pressure who suffered a nasty stroke. So its not just about the pressure but also weaknesses in blood vessels and other things.
A good friend son of 11 also had a nasty stroke
It maybe even be natural for larger (not fat) people with larger blood vessels and stronger hearts to have normally higher readings on the basis that a strong pump will cause higher readings than a small weaker pump
I noted that small men are more likely to get blocked arteries purely on the diameter of blood vessels.
I personally do not believe you can classify individuals in a mass and have one rule for all
But yes the higher the pressure the more likely you are to get a burst.
Again I am always suspicious of judgements made on topics which are not fully understood by the medical world and BP and what controls it is one
I stress I am not medically qualified just interested and always have been I pop in here as a layman from time to time to keep the experts honest but I have very limited knowledge So mainly to challenge

Last edited by Pace; 13th Apr 2016 at 10:04.