PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why no full position reports in G and E ?
Old 13th Apr 2016, 09:00
Dick Smith

Received 74 Likes on 29 Posts
Arm. I have not " now gone back" and edited my first post. I did that within 11 minutes of putting the post on. The edit details clearly show this.

The reason for this thread is to get lots in writing on how others think the " half wound back " system works.

It's worked.

Let's make it clear what my aim is. That is I know I am primarily responsible for Australia moving away from our duplicated , unique , Flight Service - full position -never use existing radar- proven system - to the plan to move to the proven system of North America where radar use and IFR separation is maximised.

But this change was stopped and then half wound back.

I will not give up until we finalise the introduction of a proven safe airspace system.

There are three alternatives;

1. Move back to the proven pre AMATS duplicated system and employ the extra staff required.

2. Move forward and complete the proven North American NAS.

Or 3. Come up with an alternative airspace model that is proven to give the required levels of safety and move to that.

Unfortunately it's clear that there is no one in the CASA Office of Airspace Regulation who is game , or has the ability to, move to 3.

So I will concentrate on 2 !