PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How does Melbourne Centre do the Impossible at Hobart?
Old 13th Apr 2016, 06:25
Dick Smith

Received 74 Likes on 29 Posts
Slippery Pete – you make the extraordinary statement, “You're just destroying PPRuNe Oz. Your ad nauseam repeats of the same thing over and over are pushing professional pilots away from this site”.

Slippery, it’s actually a free country and no one has to click on the particular thread. They can easily see the terrible ‘Dick Smith’ name and give it a miss. You might note there has been 3735 views on this particular thread since I started it on the 11th April – 3 days ago.

I know if I was selling advertising on PPRuNe I would be delighted.

And to everyone who is reading this site, who has a rational mind – it’s pretty obvious that at Hobart, after tower hours it’s going to be a “one in and one out” system in terminal airspace.

I note no one has made a comment about test flights with the local aero club and AOPA. I feel sure if this was done, it would show that it is impossible to run class C terminal airspace and actually separate IFR from night VFR aircraft.

The whole thing is another crock.

It’s all based on furiously resisting change as Prime Minister, Billy Hughes so capably mentioned – trying to go back to the 1950s.

Last edited by Dick Smith; 13th Apr 2016 at 09:09.